. Linux Systems Administrator - Stockport.
- Job Reference: 00000017-1
- Date Posted: 23 August 2018
Saxon Recruitment Solutions Ltd
- Location: Stockport, Manchester
- Salary: £30,000 to £50,000
- Sector: All Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Steve Saxon
- Email: email@example.com
Linux Systems Administrator - Stockport.
Commutable from Manchester, Stockport, Warrington, Cheshire.
Linux System Administrator, Linux, RedHat, SuSe, Ansible, Enterprise Linux.
This leading Independent Software Vendor are recruiting for a Linux Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist with Enterprise Linux experience ideally in RedHat to join their Infrastructure Managed Services team responsible for the managed services customer base, as well as installing and configuring new systems for new customers. The Linux Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist will be part of a team of 3 System Administrators servicing blue chip companies.
The Linux Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist will have worked in a mixed operating system environment and will have previously been involved in the full lifecycle of infrastructure deployment projects, including architecture sizing through to deployment and on-going support. You will also be comfortable with maintaining and supporting Virtualisation technologies, and will ideally have worked in a geographically dispersed environment that incorporates private Cloud technology. You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a customer liaising role.
Key Skills for the Infrastructure Specialist are :
• Redhat Enterprise Linux, SuSe Linux Enterprise Server
• Automation tools, preferably Ansible or similar
• Fluent in English (both spoken and written)
• A team player with a desire to learn more
• A willing communicator
• Qualified to a good degree level in any technical discipline (or to be able to show that you now possess these skills through extended experience)
• A willingness to travel to visit customer sites.
Desired Skills are :
• Windows Server Knowledge
• Good Network skills (Firewalls & Switches)
• A driving licence
• A knowledge of ITIL processes, and ideally ITIL certified.
For the right person, this is a technically challenging but hugely rewarding role, helping to maintain the infrastructure necessary to keep some of the UK’s critical IT systems running. You will be expected to form a critical part of a team of hard-working technical experts, who are relied upon by their customers to deliver premium and clever solutions.
As an Infrastructure Specialist, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of customers. The role will involve mainly project work but also be providing support and acting upon and monitoring generated alerts, throughout the lifecycle of customers sites.
Typically the Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist are responsible for :
• Involvement in the design, tender, procurement and delivery phases of new projects.
• Involvement in the installation/configuration of servers for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments.
• The ability to oversee the performance of the server infrastructure across the infrastructure managed services customer base and internally for in-house services.
• The ability to Monitor the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the customer's service.
• The ability to review performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour.
• Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded.
• Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime.
• Proactively and reactively applying vulnerability patches to managed sites.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a driven System Administrator to join an ambitious software solution provider. This opportunity offers a fast-paced environment where you will have to think on your feet, provide high availability of the infrastructure at all times, and take a meticulous approach. You will certainly be technically challenged.
Excellent opportunities in an innovative, growing, buoyant and stable sector. Career progression is rapid, based on talent and commitment. You will be rewarded with a good salary + excellent bonus + great benefits + attractive on-call allowance of 1 week in 4.