Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer x2 Near Durham
Electronic Design, Hardware Design, Analogue Design, Analogue Electronics, Low Noise, Low Power, Firmware, Digital Design, PCB Design, CADStar, ADC, DAC, EMC, Embedded Systems, LabView.
Commutable from Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
This leading well established Electronics Engineering & Instrumentation Group are looking for an experienced Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer x2 ideally with some Firmware skills to work in a multi-disciplined R&D team near Durham.
As an Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer you will be involved in the design of new, next generation advanced portable devices, designing products for Control, Measurement, Instrumentation for Medical and Safety critical applications.
You will have a number of years experience working in a demanding electronics design environment, ideally with some Firmware exposure. As an Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer, you will have a proven track record of successful designs that reliably and consistently meet specifications. Candidates will ideally have expertise in Test instrumentation or Measurement applications, though not essential.
Key skills for the Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer include :
• Electronics degree or equivalent
• Hardware / PCB design for high speed digital circuits
• Hardware design for high voltage circuits
• Hardware design for high precision and low noise analogue circuits
• Designing for low power consumption and for small space volumes
• Understanding of safety critical design
• A willingness to acquire the technical knowledge about new products.
Desirable skills are :
• Embedded software design C, C++ and QT
• LabView development
• Experience of Linux
• Experience in ISO9000 environment
• Understanding of EMC and best practice for successful Conformance
• Experience in designing for Conformance to Standards specifically relating to Electrical Safety
• Experience in using CADSTAR.
Excellent Technically challenging, varied, Development opportunities in a stable and highly innovative organisation. Working in R&D, you will contribute to developing ground breaking Electronic Products in a very friendly work environment. The company has a great culture with a commitment to training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.