Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer - Harrogate.
Electronics Design, Digital Design, Digital Electronics, Wireless, RF, Schematic Capture, Hardware Design, Firmware, Embedded Systems.
Commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, Ilkley, Wetherby, York, Ripon.
This award winning and highly innovative Company are looking for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer to join their expanding Engineering team in Harrogate, designing a range of Remote Monitoring & Control devices for the Energy Sector.
The Hardware Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer will play a key role in the design and manufacture of award winning smart energy products. You will be an accomplished electronics engineer who has experience in working with product manufacturing sites. The ideal candidate will have successfully designed a number of products and supported these products into mass production.
The Hardware Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer candidate should have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- Has a passion for design excellence, and demonstrates outstanding technical competence.
- Excellent embedded digital electronics hardware design skills, with good knowledge of design of supporting analogue circuits.
- Wireless product design experience, and a knowledge of RF circuit design and test.
- A team player who works effectively to deadlines with other embedded engineering colleagues and product engineering.
- Accomplished in the use of schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacture and of design for cost.
- Has a rigorous approach to verifying the product(s) and documenting the tests performed at the various stages in product development.
- A sound understanding of production test.
- A clear understanding of product reliability and lifetime.
- Able to interface technically with volume manufacturers and component suppliers.
- A good communicator who can interface with customers’ engineering teams and QA departments.
- Knowledge of the approval processes required for wireless consumer electronic products.
- Possess an honours degree in electronics or other relevant subject.
The ideal candidate may also have the following skills :
- Software design/test experience, in particular embedded C coding skills. Including bug tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Experience with secondary cells (e.g. lithium-polymer cells).
- Experience in working with offshore manufacturers.
- A sound understanding of design for regulatory requirements (e.g. EMC/safety).
- Has participated in all aspects of the lifecycle from specification through to volume deployment and subsequent support.
- An understanding of display technologies such as TFT/LCD.
Excellent, technically challenging, and interesting development projects allied to the exciting and topical Internet of Things ( IoT ). Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety, flexible working, in a professional, quality environment, supported by excellent staff retention.