Embedded Development Engineer - Near Harrogate
Hardware Engineer, Electronics Design, Embedded C/C++, C#, Python, Embedded Software, Firmware, PICS, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth, CAN, UDP, TCP/IP, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, IoT.
Commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, Ilkley, Wetherby, York, Ripon.
This award winning and highly innovative organisation are looking for an experienced Embedded Development Engineer to work on exciting and technically challenging projects for Smart Buildings / Building Automation technology, which combines state of the art software, electronic hardware and firmware.
This is a broad and highly varied Embedded Development Engineer role working in a small, multi-disciplinary R&D team of Embedded Software Engineers, Hardware Design Engineers and Cloud Developers.
As an Embedded Development Engineer, you will be an experienced Hardware Engineer who's also comfortable with development of software OR a Software Engineer with knowledge of hardware development. You will ideally have previous experience in high volume manufacturing of electronics products.
The Embedded Development Engineer will contribute to the design/development of Smart Home / Building Automation Products. Occasional travel to the Far East manufacturing facility in order to assist in New Product Introduction will be required in order to introduce new automation tools and help resolve manufacturing issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- Experience of Electronic Circuit Design for Microcontrollers / Pics
- Experience of Software Development in one of C, C#, or Python
- Knowledge of Wireless Technologies e.g. Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth
- Experience in high-end electronics test and debug in development and production environments
- A team player who relishes a challenge and works effectively to deadlines
- A structured approach to design and verification, you will be highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Good communications skills - ideally including experience of interfacing with manufacturing sites
- Be able to respond efficiently manufacturing site issues and work towards ensuring systems operate in a highly effective manner
- Experience of Microsoft Office tools, Word, Excel, etc
- An Honours Degree in an Industry related subject.
Desirable skills and experience include :
- Experience of hardware development related to Design for Manufacturing
- Design and development of automated manufacturing systems
- Knowledge and/use of MS-SQL or general database exposure as related to product manufacturing
- Experience of software development for embedded products
- Understanding of IP Networks
- Understanding of mechanical design concepts related to manufacturing environments.
Excellent, technically challenging, and interesting development projects allied to the exciting Internet of Things ( IoT ). Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety, flexible working, in a professional, quality environment, supported by excellent staff retention.