Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ Linux - Bracknell
Commutable from Reading, Woking, Slough, Camberley, Farnborough, Fleet.
Embedded C/C++, Embedded Software, Embedded C, C/C++, Embedded Linux, OOD, UML, Git, ICE, ARM, RTOS, RS485, USB, TCP, UDP, Wifi.
Due to expansion this leading designer and manufacturer of quality Electronic Control Technology for the global Security, Building / Home Automation, (IoT) markets, are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer / C/C++ Software Developer from an Embedded Development environment to work as part of a growing multi-disciplinary R&D team developing innovative Products.
The role of Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer entails the designing, developing, testing and documentation of security panel code to a high quality that meets the requirements, working on new Sensor Development R&D projects associated with detectors, acoustics, etc..
The Knowledge, experience, skills required for the Embedded Software Engineer include :
• Embedded Linux OR Linux Development experience
• C and C++ skills
• Object Oriented Design / UML
• Embedded Product Development, SDLC, Agile
• Experience of source code control systems (Git or similar)
• Experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products
• Good spoken and written English communication skills.
It would be desirable if you have an understanding of the following :
• In Circuit Emulation and debug monitors or simulators
• ARM Cortex family of processors
• Real Time Operating Systems, (RTOS)
• RS485, USB, TCP, UDP communications
• 4G or Wifi modems
• Familiarity with microcontroller peripherals e.g. GPIO, DMA, ADC, Timers, etc.
• Component test harnesses
• Bug tracking tools.
The main accountabilities of the role include :
• Research, Design and Develop software solutions for new and existing products within the guidelines provided by Management
• Provide full technical documentation for allocated projects and provide support for those projects where future design changes are required.
• Ensure product designs and code conform to all relevant standards pertaining to safety, functionality and performance
• Ensure new code and updated code is fully tested with no regressions
• Participate in code and design reviews.
Excellent, challenging opportunities in a highly innovative organisation, working with a variety of interesting technologies. You will be given the autonomy and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment with flexible working, supportive Management, backed up by excellent staff retention.