Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ - Doncaster.
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop, Chesterfield.
Embedded C, C/C++, Embedded Software, Firmware, 8/16/32 bit micros, Microchip/8051/Cortex M0, UARTs, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, UDP, TCP/IP.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer with good Bare Metal C, low level Development experience, Embedded C, C/C++, for exciting new Product Developments of Control Sensors and Applications at new state-of-the-art R&D offices near Doncaster.
This is an excellent, unrivalled opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer, Firmware Engineer or C/C++ Software Developer to become part of a growing company, joining their multi-disciplined Embedded Software experts who have a significant track record in R&D Electronics.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will work as part of a small multi-disciplinary team responsible for the development and maintenance of products and also the specification, design and development of new products. These are technically challenging complex Products that require solid C Development and Design skills.
Key Skills for the Embedded Software Engineer include :
• Excellent C skills
• Experience of 8, 16 or 32 bit micro controllers down to the peripheral register level / Bare Metal
• Good understanding of Electronics
• Experience in using In Circuit Emulation ( ICE ), debug monitors or simulators during the Design process
• Familiarity with oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers and test equipment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Desired Skills and experience include :
• Experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products
• Experience of source code control systems
• Understanding of serial, or UDP/TCP/IP communications protocols
• Be confident at working down to the hardware level throughout the design process
• Low power battery operated design.
Excellent opportunities in a well established and highly innovative organisation. Working in a varied role, with a wide variety of technologies,including some Wireless protocols, you will be given the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment. The company has flexible working, a great culture, new R&D offices, with a commitment to training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.