Embedded Software Engineer x2 - Harrogate.
Embedded C/C++, Embedded Software, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, CAN, UDP, TCP/IP, Bluetooth, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, IoT, Cloud, Mobile Apps.
Commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, Ilkley, Wetherby, York, Ripon.
This award winning and highly innovative Company are looking for an experienced Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer x2 for their Harrogate site, designing a new range of Remote Monitoring Smart Wireless Products and Home / Building Automation. These combine state of the art software, electronic hardware and firmware.
You will be an experienced Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer who has successfully implemented user interfaces on embedded products, with exposure to communication protocols and networks. Wireless product design experience is preferred. It is key that you can demonstrate a track record of success in your career to date. You will be involved in the project lifecycle from requirements capture through to the realisation of engaging user interfaces on smart products.
The Software Engineers will help integrate a growing range of products with other IoT devices. You will work on integrating consumer access devices, which take real time sensor data from the control system, Cloud Platform and Mobile App with other in-home devices. The company has an exciting roadmap of projects which give rise to these opportunities.
Key aspects of the Embedded Software Engineer roles are :
- Development and verification of embedded software for wireless products.
- Interfacing with customers and other partners as needed to ensure that products are successfully integrated. This typically involves working with leading manufacturers’ development teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- Produces efficient high quality embedded software for embedded products
- Accomplished in the use of revision control systems
- Excellent C software design skills
- A structured approach to design and verification – you will be highly organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- A team player who relishes a challenge and works effectively to deadlines
- An honours degree in Software engineering or other relevant subject.
Desirable skills and experience include :
- Wireless product design experience, in particular ZigBee. Work will involve ZigBee SE and may also include Wi-Fi and a range of IoT protocols.
- An understanding of IP networks and connectivity with embedded products
- Good appreciation of hardware and experience of writing software drivers
- Appreciation of user interface design for mass market products.
Excellent, technically challenging, and interesting development projects allied to the exciting Internet of Things ( IoT ), Cloud Software and Mobile Applications. Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety, flexible working, in a professional, quality environment, supported by excellent staff retention.