Java Developer / Web Developer x3 - Near Wakefield
Commutable from Wakefield, Leeds, Huddersfield, Barnsley, Doncaster.
This award winning leading Manufacturer of Control System Products are expanding and looking for a Java Developer / Web Developer x3 to join their small multi-disciplined Development team of Java JEE C/C++ & Hardware / Firmware Engineers in delivering clever Engineering Solutions.
As a Java Developer / Web Developer you will assist in expanding their market leading Remote Control System Solution. You will help design and implement a wide variety of aspects of the web application from front-end functionality to back end processes and database interaction, therefore experience in designing web applications that maintain large data sets is essential in this role.
The Java Developer / Web Developer will be working in an agile environment to establish end-to-end solutions based on stakeholder requirements, building and deploying web applications to a web container, taking responsibility for comprehensive unit and functional test coverage to ensure code quality and working with the test team to deliver a robust solution.
It would be desirable if the Java Developer has additional skills in JSON, Jenkins, Maven3, UX, Agile, SCRUM, TDD, and BDD.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities of the Java Developer include :
• Write testable code
• Working with stakeholders to establish requirements
• Back end implementation (Java, REST, MQTT, JMS, MySQL)
• Building code to be deployed using Maven3
• Deploying code to test/live environments
• Assisting testers to determine test requirements and acceptance criteria
• Stakeholder demonstrations of developed features
• Processing stakeholder feedback
• Reporting in sprint review meetings
• Representing quality in sprint planning meetings
• Identifying and reporting on process improvements to help improve quality throughout the team.
Excellent, technically challenging opportunities in an expanding and highly innovative organisation working with a variety of interesting technologies. You will be given the autonomy and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, working environment. There is flexible working, very supportive management with a commitment to Education & Training.