Software Application Development Manager – Derby
Software Application Development Manager, Software Development Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Agile, SCRUM, C#, .NET, WPF, MVVM.
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Leicester.
This award winning, world leading innovator in digital display, high end computer graphics, and video technology are seeking an experienced Software Application Development Manager / Software Development Manager / Software Engineering Manager to assist in the Development of their Applications in the Command & Control and Collaboration markets. The successful candidate will work with their Software Development teams and wider stakeholders to build best of breed applications.
The Software Application Development Manager will be Technically “hands on” and come from a Software Development background with experience of Software Applications. It would be ideal if you have any exposure to IP Video Streaming, GStreamer or Windows Graphics API’s though not essential. You may have fully transferable skills from other Sectors but they need to be in developing Software Applications.
The Software Application Development Manager should have demonstrable skills and experience in the following :
• Communicating clearly and openly with project stakeholders.
• Application Development using C#, .NET, WPF and MVVM.
• Managing Development teams of about 12 people.
• Contributing to UX and UI decisions.
• Use of Development methodologies to ensure swift and accurate product development, Agile, SCRUM.
The Software Application Development Manager will have much freedom and flexibility to make decisions, have an impact and help deliver new products. You will be suited to a smaller organization where you will have more control to develop products and achieve results. You will :
• Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to define a vision for each application and communicate that with the development teams.
• Work with Product Management and the development teams to ensure adequate requirement specifications and estimates for new features.
• Manage the development teams and the design and development process to ensure a high quality product within the required timescale.
• Provide technical oversight of the development teams, ensuring appropriate design choices given the product vision.
• Identify and implement training to improve the long-term performance of the development teams.
The Company is well established, secure, stable and very successful. They can offer much freedom and flexibility, no red tape or bureaucracy hampered by layers of management, early responsibility, product ownership, and complex integration projects. There are excellent, technically challenging career opportunities with interesting development projects on high end Display Systems and Graphics technologies. They are totally committed to Training and Development which is supported by excellent staff retention, flexible working and an enviable culture.