Software Engineer C++ ( Aberdeen OR Edinburgh )
C++, C/C++, Visual Studio, Serial Comms, Ethernet, UDP, GUI, Qt, OpenGL, Linux, SDK, Agile.
This award winning organisation which specialises in the Development of high performance Sensors for the Underwater Market are seeking an experienced C++ Software Engineer, C/C++ Software Developer, Visual Studio, to drive new product development forward. The position can be based in Aberdeen or Edinburgh.
The successful candidate C++ Software Engineer, will be part of a small multi-disciplined team of software engineers, firmware and electronics engineers, developing new and existing software packages for control/display and software architecture for a range of sensors including sonar, imaging, 3D visualisation and positioning/survey devices. Projects include integrating nautical charts over sonar, navigation charting and developing Algorithm techniques for speed over ground.
Candidates will ideally hold a Degree (2.1 or better) in Computer Science, will have a good aptitude in Maths with a relevant background of software application development, working within a dynamic technical environment. Knowledge in C++ is expected and experience in the software product life cycle is important.
The Required Skills for the C/C++ Software Engineer include :
• C++, Visual Studio
• Proficient in designing Windows Applications
• Experience in interfacing to Hardware (e.g. Serial, Ethernet based)
• Experience in Full Software Development Life Cycle (i.e. specification, design, implementation, testing, maintenance).
The Complementary Skills (desirable) for the C/C++ Software Engineer include :
• Cross Platform development ( Windows / Linux )
• Creation of libraries and Software Development Kits for Linux distributions
• Architectural design experience
• GUI development
• Agile and Planned software methodologies
• Version control (i.e. Subversion)
• Continuous Integration
Excellent, Technically challenging and very interesting development career opportunities in a stable, expanding and highly successful organisation. You will be given the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment. The company culture is very professional with a commitment to Quality, continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.