Test Software Engineer - Bracknell
Commutable from Reading, Woking, Slough, Camberley, Farnborough, Fleet.
Test Software Engineer, Test Development, Test Automation, C/C++, Linux, RTOS, Python, Perl, Shell, Jenkins, Team City, Gtest, cpptest, Klocwork, pc-lint, Embedded Software, R&D.
This leading designer and manufacturer of quality Electronic Control equipment for the global Security, Building / Home Automation, (IoT) markets are seeking an experienced Test Software Engineer / Test Development Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer, to work as part of a growing multi-disciplinary R&D team developing innovative Products and Technologies.
The primary purpose of this Test Software Engineer role is to identify, develop, setup and maintain an automated software test environment that tests the non-functional and functional aspects of Embedded Security and Building Automation Products.
The Knowledge, experience, skills required for the Test Software Engineer include :
• Experience of setting up an automated software test system
• Unit and system test execution for embedded products
• Linux or other RTOS
• Git version control
• Ability to work closely with software developers to quickly understand the software architecture and produce a testing strategy and test plan
• Scripting languages Python, Perl, Shell or similar
• Automatic build systems, Jenkins or Team City
• Unit testing frameworks, Gtest, cpptest or similar
• Static code analysis tools, Klocwork, pc-lint or similar
• Good debugging skills
• Experience in the full development life cycle of high volume electronic products.
It would be desirable if you have the following skills, experience :
• Understanding of serial communications (RS232, RS485)
• TCP and UDP communications
• In Circuit Emulation and debug monitors or simulators
• Ability to read schematic diagrams and ‘wire up’ circuits
• Migration of target code to a simulated environment.
• Code coverage tools.
The main accountabilities of the role include :
• Design and maintain an automated test environment that will perform functional and non-functional testing. For example, interfaces, security, system, stress, soak and regression tests
• Identify new test cases and implement as required
• Maintenance of the automatic test system
• Provide and maintain technical documentation on the test environment.
• Create a test system that provides a high degree of confidence in the quality of the code under test
• Create test reports for example code coverage, percentage passed, stack usage, results from static code analysis tools
• Identify the relevant standards relating to safety, functionality and performance and ensure the max coverage is obtain by automated testing
• Ensure new code and updated code is fully integrated in the test environment and tested with no regressions
• Participate in code and design reviews and provide guidance from a testing point of view.
Excellent, challenging opportunities in a highly innovative organisation, working with a variety of interesting technologies. You will be given the autonomy and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment with flexible working, supportive Management, backed up by excellent staff retention.