Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer x2 - Burnley
Electronics Design, Hardware Design, Digital Design, Digital Electronics, Analogue Design, Schematic Design, Altium, Microcontrollers, Firmware, CAN, LIN, SPI, Embedded C .
Commutable from Blackburn, Ribble Valley, Hebden Bridge, Bury, Preston, Keighley.
This global supplier to the Medical, Automotive, Transportation and Power markets are looking for an experienced Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer x2 for their growing small Design & Development site.
This Design & Development Engineer is a broad based and varied role where the ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary skillset including Electronics Hardware Design, Firmware and Embedded C Development using Microcontrollers. You may have worked in a small R&D Dept fulfilling a similar role.
The Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer / Firmware Engineer will design Products and Sensors for various applications covering highly innovative Health / Medical and major Vehicle / Transport Manufacturers.
The Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer will be working with a small International team of Design Engineers developing electronic circuits for automotive, medical and power applications in Lighting, Body Control and others.
The Hardware Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer candidate(s) should ideally have the following skills, experience and attributes :
- Schematic design and PCB layout, ideally using Altium
- Analogue circuit design
- Digital design with microcontrollers
- Transient protection and design for EMC compliance
- Serial communications (CAN, LIN, SPI)
- Circuit simulation and development testing
- Designing circuits that meet cost and performance targets
- Documenting the design: drawings, specifications, bill of materials
- Hand assembly and testing in the electronics lab, use of test equipment.
The role also requires some Software knowledge. Though they have Software specialists within the organisation, Electronic Engineers are involved in writing Software for products and test equipment. Candidates should therefore ideally have experience with Embedded C programming.
Experience in the following would also be desirable but not essential :
- PC based software development with Visual Studio
- Familiar with the use of a range of IDEs and debuggers
- Programming to MISRA C standards
- Use of version control systems like SVN
- Software documentation and testing.
The position(s) requires flexibility, commitment, enthusiasm and creative engineering skills where you will have a lot of freedom and control to design products. Excellent, Technically challenging opportunities offering variety, freedom and flexibility to design and develop Electronic Sensor Products.