Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer - Near Durham
- Job Reference: 00305
- Date Posted: 13 February 2021
- Recruiter: Saxon Recruitment
- Location: Durham, County Durham
- Salary: £40,000 to £55,000
- Sector: All Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Steve Saxon
- Email: email@example.com
Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer - Near Durham.
Commutable from Durham, Northallerton, Darlington, Sunderland, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
Electronic Design, Hardware Design, R&D Design Engineer, Analogue Design, Low Power, CADStar, MatLAB, Simulink, MathCAD, Simetrix, Pulsonix.
This award winning established innovative company are looking for an experienced Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer / R&D Design Engineer for the design from initial concept, through development & validation to manufacturing for the next generation of Electronic Products. The Hardware Engineer / Electronic Design Engineer should have an Electronics, Physics or similar qualification with some work experience in a multi-disciplined R&D team environment for Product Manufacturing.
The Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Development Engineer should have the following skills and experience :
• Experience in Analogue Hardware Circuit Design, Control Techniques & Bus Systems
• Knowledge inside simulation & calculation tools (e.g. MatLAB, Simetrix, MathCAD etc)
• PCB Layout using Design tools such as Pulsonix would be an advantage.
The Hardware Development Engineer will ideally be experienced in the specification, design, analysis, simulation, layout and test of Electronic Products. It would be a bonus if you have some knowledge/experience of ac-ac or ac-dc power converter design, Power Electronics.
As an Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer you will be involved in the design of next generation advanced devices, NPD, designing products for Industrial Control. You will accompany a product through its complete life cycle; concept, simulation, realisation through to mass production. You will design & develop cost effective reliable circuits across a range of the latest electronic products and be able to analyse new circuit concepts using tools such as MatLAB, Simulink & MathCAD, or other simulation / modelling tools.
The Tasks for the R&D Design Engineer include :
• Generation of Product Specifications - design, develop and test cost-effective and reliable circuits across a range of electronic products, for the Sensor IoT Sector
• Design of PCB layouts
• Take the Product from initial concept through to market and subsequent support
• Simulation of initial designs, analysis of fault conditions and protection, testing of prototype and first production units, overseeing the creation of production bills of materials, drawings and test instructions
• Making an active contribution to the company IP portfolio with invention filings
• Ability to balance between innovation & reaching the customer goals with focus on timescale & product/project cost.
To complement your experience in a demanding design environment the company can offer you career development, technical challenge, and a variety of innovative, interesting, leading edge product developments in this expanding area of electronic product design allied to IoT.
Excellent career opportunities in a stable and highly innovative organisation. Working with R&D and Production, you will contribute to developing ground breaking Electronic Sensor Products in a very friendly work environment. The company has a great culture with a commitment to continuous training & development.