Electronics Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer - Manchester / WFH
This leading Instrumentation and Health/Medical devices company are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Hardware Design Engineer to drive forward Product Development.
The Electronics Engineer / Hardware Engineer will play a leading role within the Engineering Team in Hardware Development and Engineering Support, working on Engineering Design and Validation of the System and Electronic sub-systems. This is a very interesting and varied role for an Electronics Engineer where you can make a major difference to Global Health for this Manchester based Ethical Employer.
Key Functions for the Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer include :
• Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in electronics design from concept and prototyping to Design for Manufacturing (DFM), EMC compliance and finished product manufacturing
• Create robust, high – level product designs that will optimise usability, manufacturability, reliability and cost of goods for commercial realisation
• Act as a technical lead on hardware verification and validation activities
• Provide investigation and root-cause analysis support for hardware-related technical issues
• Provide technical support to hardware related discussions between Company business divisions, key suppliers and development partners
• Conduct directed research and development of company hardware
• Steer whole lifecycle maintenance and improvement activities.
The Experience, Skills, and Knowledge for the Electronics Engineer ideally should include :
- A degree in Electronic Engineering and industry experience of taking a CE-marked product from idea to manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Altium experience, Altium Designer
- Electronic design for EMC compliance
- PCB design, build and functional level validation experience with STM, ARM7,9 Cortex processors
- Experience with debugging multiprocessor devices
- The ability to manage multiple strands of diverse activity, applying a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Self-directed technical project management with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work and communicate with a diverse range of other expertise
- Excellent team player with well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work proactively with people at all levels.
It would be Desirable if the Electronics Engineer had the following knowledge :
- Medical / IVD electronics design
- Maintenance of design history, design control and version control to ISO13485
- Significant industry experience in developing embedded electronics
- Thermal / optical electronics design experience
- Low level signal processing experience using DSPs or CPUs
- Experience of Bluetooth hardware development and android device development.
This is a very interesting varied role working in a small Multi-disciplinary Engineering team where you can learn a great deal on the job and make a real difference to the organisation. They encourage personal Development and Training and have a relaxed, flexible working environment. A first class Hardware Development role for the right person.