Electronics Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer x2 - Manchester
This leading Instrumentation and Medical devices company are looking for an experienced Electronics Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Hardware Design Engineer x2 to drive forward Product Development.
The Electronics Engineer / Hardware Engineer will be working on Engineering Design for Embedded Electronics and Validation of the System and Electronic sub-systems. These are very interesting and varied roles for an Electronics Engineer where you can make a major difference to Global Health for this Manchester based Ethical Employer.
Key Functions for the Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer include :
• Assist in electronics design from concept and prototyping to Design for Manufacturing (DFM), EMC compliance and finished product manufacturing
• Assist with the creation of robust, high-level product design that will optimise usability, manufacturability, reliability and COGS for commercial realisation
• Assist on hardware integration, verification and validation activities
• Provide investigation and root-cause analysis support for hardware-related technical issues.
The Experience, Skills, and Knowledge for the Electronics Engineer ideally should include :
- A degree in Electronic Engineering and industry experience of taking a CE-marked product from idea to manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Design, assembly and debugging of microprocessor-controlled electronic circuits and systems
- Familiar with electronic CAD systems, Altium, Altium Designer and able to read schematics
- Electronic design for EMC compliance
- PCB design, build and functional level validation experience with STM, ARM7,9 Cortex processors
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work and communicate with a diverse range of other expertise
- Excellent team player with well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work
proactively with people at all levels.
It would be useful if the Electronics Engineer had the following knowledge :
- Medical / IVD electronics design
- Maintenance of design history, design control and version control to ISO13485
- Significant industry experience in developing embedded electronics
- Low level signal processing experience using DSPs or CPUs
- Experience of Bluetooth hardware development and android device development.
These are very interesting varied roles working in a small Multi-disciplinary Engineering team where you can learn a great deal on the job and make a real difference to the organisation. They encourage Personal Development and Training and have a relaxed, flexible working environment.