Embedded Firmware Engineer - Near Durham
Commutable from Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
Embedded Firmware, Embedded Systems, Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, MISRA C, CAN, IoT, Model-Based Design (MBD), Simulink, MathWorks.
This leading highly innovative successful Engineering organisation are seeking an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer to provide the design and development of Embedded Firmware Solutions for a range of Electronic equipment.
The Embedded Firmware Engineer will deliver Firmware projects and be responsible for the research, design, development, simulation, testing and evaluation of embedded firmware products for Measurement, Instrumentation and Medical Devices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED for the Embedded Firmware Engineer include :
* Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science-related discipline
* Experience of Embedded Firmware Development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
* Experience of software development lifecycle within an embedded environment
* Experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
* Knowledge of embedded products in the Instrumentation, Control or Measurement Sector
* Knowledge of industrial communications protocols e.g. CAN
* Experience of software development to MISRA C or equivalent coding standards and guidelines
* Knowledge of Model-Based Design (MBD) approaches and tools, particularly the MathWorks / Simulink toolchain
* Knowledge of integration of electronic devices to IoT / Telematic systems.
The Embedded Firmware Engineer will provide :
* the development and validation of Electronic Systems in NPD/NPI projects
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines, especially Electronic Hardware, to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
* Support Product Management in Requirements Capture and Customer Engagement
* Prepare and present designs to other members of the Engineering team and at design reviews
* Support for system integration during development and deliver production ready solutions
* Support Engineering Management in recording and reporting design progress, and delivery to quality.
This is an excellent Technically challenging opportunity, offering much variety, freedom, and control developing advanced product devices in a small friendly R&D Dept.