Embedded Software Engineer - C/C++ - Burnley
Commutable from Blackburn, Ribble Valley, Hebden Bridge, Bury, Preston, Keighley.
Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, 8/16/32 bit micros, Serial Comms, CAN, LIN.
This established global supplier to the Medical, Automotive / Transportation and Power markets are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Software Design Engineer for their growing small Design & Development site in East Lancashire.
The company designs and manufactures switches, sensors and lighting for various applications within their respective markets in medical devices and vehicles. Ambient Lighting is now found in many luxury cars and as this trend continues to grow, they are expanding their engineering team. The work will involve product development as well as some R&D work looking at innovative methods of creating precise light sources with calibrated chromaticity.
The Embedded Software Engineer / Software Design Engineer should ideally have the following skills and experience :
• At least 3 years experience in an embedded software development environment using micro controllers and communication protocols.
• Should have an expert understanding of C programming languages used in embedded software development. C++ would be useful for development tools support.
• Should be familiar with IDEs, Debuggers and able to learn new development tools.
• Automotive, Medical Devices or Power Development experience would be beneficial.
• Previous experience of working in a structured software development environment will be advantageous.
• Some experience will be required in dealing directly with customers and developing product specifications.
• Self motivated, creative team player.
Optionally and of great interest would include :
• Experience of automotive CAN and LIN software development.
• Experience with Vector CAN/LIN drivers.
• Experienced in using CANALYSER and other vector tools.
• Experience in VOLCANO CAN driver.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be working with a small International expert team of Electronics Hardware Design Engineers and Software Engineers developing Products for automotive, medical and power applications in Lighting, Body Control and others. There will be close contact with global offices as the team will develop Lighting Solutions for Group global customers.
The position requires commitment, enthusiasm and creative engineering skills where you will have a lot of freedom and control to design products. Excellent, Technically challenging opportunities offering variety and work flexibility in a small, very friendly, informal work environment.