Embedded Software Engineer - C/C++ - Burnley OR Manchester
Commutable from Manchester, Blackburn, Ribble Valley, Hebden Bridge, Bury, Preston, Keighley.
Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, 8/16/32 bit micros, Serial Comms, CAN, LIN.
This established global supplier to the Medical, Automotive / Transportation and Power markets are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Software Design Engineer for their growing small Design & Development site in Burnley, East Lancashire OR their Manchester site.
The company designs and manufactures switches, sensors and lighting for various applications within their respective markets in medical devices and vehicles. Ambient Lighting is now found in many luxury cars and as this trend continues to grow, they are expanding their engineering team. The work will involve product development as well as some R&D work looking at innovative methods of creating precise light sources with calibrated chromaticity.
The Embedded Software Engineer / Software Design Engineer should ideally have the following skills and experience :
• At least 3 years experience in an embedded software development environment using micro controllers and communication protocols
• Should have an expert understanding of C programming for embedded software development
• Should be familiar with IDEs, Debuggers and able to learn new development tools
• Automotive, Aerospace, Medical or Safety Critical Development experience with Standards and Documentation would be beneficial
• Experience of working in a Structured Systems Software Development environment
• Experience will be required in dealing directly with customers and developing product specifications
• Experience of Software documentation
• Experience of Software validation
• Self motivated, creative team player.
Optionally and of great interest would include :
• Experience of automotive serial interfaces CAN and LIN
• Experienced in using CANALYSER and other Vector tools
• C++ would be useful for development tools support.
The Embedded Software Engineer will be working with a small International expert team of Electronics Hardware Design Engineers and Software Engineers developing Products for automotive, medical and power applications in Lighting, Body Control and others. There will be close contact with global offices as the team will develop Lighting Solutions for Group global customers.
The position requires commitment, enthusiasm and creative engineering skills where you will have a lot of freedom and control to design products. Excellent, Technically challenging opportunities offering variety and work flexibility in a small, very friendly, informal work environment.