Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ Linux - Bracknell
Commutable from Reading, Woking, Slough, Camberley, Farnborough, Fleet.
Embedded C/C++, Embedded Software, Embedded C, C/C++, Embedded Linux, OOD, UML, Git, ICE, ARM, RS485, USB, TCP, UDP, Wifi.
This leading designer and manufacturer of quality Electronic Control Technology for the global Security, Building / Home Automation, (IoT) markets, are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Software Developer from an Embedded Development environment to work as part of a growing multi-disciplinary R&D team developing innovative Products.
The role of Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer entails the designing, developing, testing and documentation of security panel code to a high quality that meets the requirements, working on new Sensor Development R&D projects associated with detectors, acoustics, etc.
The Ideal Knowledge, experience, skills required for the Embedded Software Engineer include:
• C/C++ skills
• Embedded Linux or Linux Development experience
• Object Oriented design methods and tools, UML
• Comms MQTT,TLS, REST API, RS485, USB
• Target debugs, monitors or simulators
• Good communication skills, have the ability to clearly convey an issue and solution
• Creation of quality technical documentation
• Source code control systems (Git)
• Experience in an Agile software development environment
• Debugging skills.
It would be desirable if you have an understanding of the following:
• ARM Cortex family of processors
• Real Time Operating Systems, RTOS
• TCP and UDP communications
• Familiarity with microcontroller peripherals e.g. GPIO, DMA, ADC, Timers, etc
• Wifi, OTA, uboot, 3G and 4G modems
• Component test harnesses.
The main accountabilities of the role include :
• Research, Design and Develop software solutions for new and existing products within the guidelines provided by Management
• Provide full technical documentation for allocated projects and provide support for those projects where future design changes are required.
• Ensure product designs and code conform to all relevant standards pertaining to safety, functionality and performance
• Ensure new code and updated code is fully tested with no regressions
• Participate in code and design reviews.
Excellent, challenging opportunities in a highly innovative organisation, working with a variety of interesting technologies. You will be given the autonomy and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment with flexible working, supportive Management, backed up by excellent staff retention.