Embedded Software Engineer - Linux - Derby
Embedded Software, Embedded Linux, Embedded C/C++, Linux Kernel, Linux BSP, U-Boot.
Commutable from Derby, Nottingham, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Leicester.
This award winning market leading innovator in computer graphics and display technology are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer to take full responsibility for developing Embedded Linux platforms, distributions and device drivers for Xilinx Zynq based systems.
This Embedded Linux Software Engineer role is extremely important to the future product roadmap so it is expected you'll have industry experience and success designing low-level systems within a product development environment and expert knowledge of embedded Linux platforms. The role also includes technical leadership and mentoring of junior to mid-level Engineers.
The company was founded over 30 years ago, is stable, very successful and expanding, has a truly global customer base in diverse markets including Entertainment, Medical, Security, Energy and Retail. The organisation consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements.
The Required Skills and Experience for the Embedded Software Engineer include :
- Strong embedded C programming skills with an ability to optimise hardware performance by understanding low level hardware and software interaction.
- Proven experience with Linux BSPs, Linux Kernel and Toolchain Builds (preferably Petalinux).
- Extensive experience of software development including platform bring-up and low-level debugging.
- Linux Device Driver and Platform Driver development.
- Root File System, Bootloaders (U-Boot) and Device Tree.
Desirable Skills include :
- Xilinx Vivado.
- Linux V4L2.
- IP / Network protocol experience.
- Familiarity with GStreamer.
Software is developed in small teams using agile development methods where appropriate. The breadth of software developed covers the entire range from embedded firmware inside FPGAs, kernel device drivers, APIs to user-level applications - all with the aim of bringing the capabilities of hardware and systems to OEMs and end-users. Excellent, technically challenging career opportunities with interesting development projects on complex display technology. They are totally committed to Training and Development which is supported by excellent staff retention, flexible working and an enviable culture.