Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ - Manchester
Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, RTOS, RS485, Modbus, CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, ZigBee, WiFi, IoT, UML.
Commutable from Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Cheshire.
This innovative, well established and highly successful organisation are looking for an experienced Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer, C/C++ Developer to design a range of Environmental and Building Control / Home Automation Sensors and Products. This is a bit of an all-round, multi-disciplinary Software and Firmware role.
The design projects range from stand alone environmental sensors and control products to full building automation control systems using both ZigBee wireless and IP local data networks to communicate between products and central computerised building management control systems.
The Embedded Software Design Engineer / Embedded Developer should have the following experience, skills and knowledge :
- 3+ years full software development lifecycle experience with a proven track record of delivering embedded software products to market
- Experience in C and C++ languages for microcontroller based designs
- Experience in working on bare metal and RTOS software designs
- Working within a controlled product design/development methodology
- Ability to understand embedded electronic designs.
It would be advantageous if the Embedded Software Design Engineer has knowledge of :
- ARM core MCU’s, particularly ST Microelectronics MCU’s
- Keil IDE and RTX RTOS
- Designs with graphical touch displays/user interface
- Communication networks such as Ethernet, Modbus, RS485, CAN & TCP/IP
- ZigBee wireless technology and clusters used in Home Automation or ZigBee 3.0
- Hardware/PCB Design and EMC
- C#, Python, Windows CE & Linux
- Building control/Automation/IoT or process controllers.
These are technically challenging opportunities working on interesting Sensor integration projects in a small, friendly team of 6 professional Engineers. There is work variety, flexible working, with a lot of control to develop products free from interference and bureaucracy.