Embedded Software Engineer - C/C++ - Near Durham
Commutable from Durham, Darlington, Washington, Sunderland, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
Embedded C, Firmware, C/C++, Embedded Software, 8/16/32 bit micros, UART, I2C, RS232, RS485, ARM, Wireless, IoT.
This well established, highly successful global organisation are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer with good Embedded C skills, C/C++, to work on the design of high efficiency Control Sensors allied to Wireless and the Internet of Things ( IoT ).
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will have at least 12 months+ experience in an embedded software environment with good C language skills, C/C++. You should have a good knowledge of Micro-controller based systems, Communication Protocols and ideally come from an R&D background.
As an embedded C/C++ software engineer you will have knowledge of hardware towards embedded systems and DSP, create and launch new software algorithms for new features inside innovative products, participate in the introduction of new communication protocols for wired and wireless technology, create detailed software specifications in alignment with hardware requirements.
The C/C++ Software Design Engineer will also be involved in the following :
• From initial outline specification, to design and develop software, real-time embedded and supporting tools and associated hardware across a range of electronic products.
• Ability to write memory efficient code and identify minimum processor requirements for a given application.
• To develop flow charts and specifications that clearly outlines the functionality of the software and automate testing routines for these specifications.
• To work within ISO quality procedures conforming to ISO9001:2008 and software coding standards.
• To develop simulation and test of software in order to improve reliability and compatibility within products.
It would be a bonus if you have knowledge of LabVIEW, Python, Code automation (both generation and testing), NFC / Bluetooth / IoT experience.
You will have a strong conceptual mindset with a self-driven, pro-active style of working to achieve results, good interpersonal skills for team working, strong communication skills & ability to interface with hardware design engineers.
Excellent career opportunities in a stable and highly innovative organisation. Working with a wide variety of interesting technologies, you will develop ground breaking Electronic Sensor products in a very friendly, informal work environment. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest Wireless and Mobile Technologies. The company has a great culture with a commitment to continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.