Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ - Sunderland / Hybrid Working
This innovative R&D organisation which develops solutions for Motor Control, Battery Management, and Transport Instrumentation are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Developer for their small team in the North East.
The Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Developer will design, code and debug embedded software for real-time control applications. You will develop hybrid control algorithms to work with internal combustion engines, including cranking, generation and boost. The Embedded Software Engineer will work closely with diesel engine manufacture to integrate motor controllers onto diesel engines, work with motor control engineers to realise effective and efficient real-time control algorithms.
The Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer will follow software development cycles including software requirements capture, design capture and verification of software to these requirements, carry out unit testing of functions, work with electronic design team to optimize logic and microprocessor circuit implementations.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, C/C++ Developer you should ideally have the following skills, experience :
• Degree plus 3 years experience in embedded, real-time software control
• Experience in real-time embedded software programming using C and/or C++
• Good working experience of Matlab / Simulink, including real time algorithmic development
• Experience of emulators, in-circuit testing and software debugging tools/techniques
• Ability to develop designs to meet project performance and schedules
• Knowledge of microprocessor circuits and implementation
• Knowledge of software analysis, documentation and design of experiments
• Knowledge of good engineering practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including mentoring capabilities.
In addition, the responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer will include :
- Design, code and debug real-time embedded software/firmware for new product development and sustaining projects
- Design, code and debug hybrid control algorithms
- Undertake testing of hybrid control algorithms on real ICE’s and ICE dyno systems
- Design, setup and run tests to ensure the design meets specifications
- Debug systems from prototypes, development, and customer returns
- Participate in software design, electrical schematic and project reviews.
These are very interesting, challenging and varied roles, gaining exposure to the latest techniques in new product development, supported by Training & Personal Development. It's a good working environment where you are respected and given every opportunity to succeed.