Embedded Software Engineer - Scarborough, North Yorkshire OR Mansfield, Notts
- Job Reference: 00304
- Date Posted: 6 January 2021
- Recruiter: Saxon Recruitment
- Location: Scarborough, Yorkshire
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
- Sector: All Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Steve Saxon
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Embedded Software Engineer - Scarborough, North Yorkshire OR Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
This well established, innovative British electronics company who undertake all their R&D and Manufacturing in the UK are seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer. Despite these unprecedented times, the business continues to perform well and is investing heavily in new R&D. The company specialises in Control System products for a wide range of Safety Critical sectors including Automotive, Mobile Plant, Oil & Gas etc.
The Embedded Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work on product developments from concept to production over the full Development Lifecycle from requirements capture, design, development, verification and validation in a medium size business. The company has a wide product portfolio which means you will have the chance to work on a number of different product developments.
You should be a strong Embedded C Software Engineer who is comfortable working at all stages of the software lifecycle. There is lots of varied software work on offer (from new development to debugging) on a range of products. You will have the freedom and flexibility to have ownership of all Embedded Software on a product, working closely with Electronic, Mechanical and PC Application Engineers in a multi-disciplined R&D Dept.
The Embedded Software Engineer should have the following Skills, Experience :
• Full Software Development Lifecycle experience from concept to manufacture
• Embedded C
• Real Time Operating System ( RTOS )
• Microcontroller / Microprocessor design experience (ideally ARM STM32 experience)
• Communication protocol experience - RS232, RS485, CAN, Modbus, Ethernet, USB, TCP/IP
• Knowledge of Electronics.
Excellent, technically challenging, varied, career development opportunities supported by good staff retention.