Embedded Test Engineer / Embedded Software Test Engineer - Near Durham / WFH
Commutable from Durham, Northallerton, Darlington, Sunderland, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
This award winning established innovative company are looking for an experienced Embedded Test Engineer / Embedded Software Test Engineer to work in a growing R&D Engineering team in the North East.
The Embedded Test Engineer / Embedded Software Test Engineer will be involved in the development of next generation Electronic Products for Industrial Control allied to the Internet of Things ( IoT ) in an expert multi-disciplinary team.
The R&D Software Test Engineer will report to the R&D Software Team Leader with the main tasks as follows :
• Develop test sequences for electronic products for the Sensor industry
• Produce unit tests for software modules within embedded software libraries
• Develop automated testing systems
• To work within ISO quality procedures conforming to ISO9001:2008 and SW coding standards
• To develop simulation and test software in order to improve reliability and compatibility within products
• Support of production test procedures.
The Required qualifications, skills and experience for the R&D Software Test Engineer should ideally include :
• Manual and Automated test experience, testing complex embedded software applications
• Experience of structured test methods and processes
• C/C++ programming experience
• Degree level Electronics or Software Engineering
• Adaptive to a dynamic multi-product environment
• Good communication skills.
Advantageous skills and experience for this role include :
• Python programming experience
• Embedded Software Development experience
• Experience with Boost unit testing in C++.
To complement your experience in a demanding Product Test environment the company can offer you career development, technical challenge, and a variety of interesting, leading edge product developments in this expanding area of electronic products and IoT.
Excellent career opportunities in a stable and highly innovative organisation. Working with R&D and Production, you will contribute to developing ground breaking Electronic Sensor Products in a very friendly work environment. The company has a great culture with a commitment to continuous training & development.