Embedded Test Engineer / Product Test Supervisor - Barnsley / WFH
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leeds.
This award winning and highly successful medium-sized company who design and manufacture innovative RF, Networking and Image Processing diagnostic equipment for the Automotive Industry are seeking an experienced Embedded Test Engineer / Product Test Supervisor due to expansion. The candidate will be involved in the full life cycle development of existing and next generation systems which utilise mobile technologies.
The company is a market leader with a customer base that includes all major vehicle manufacturers and with offices in Europe, US and China. Amongst the company’s achievements, it has been privileged enough to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise and has been named as one of the London Stock Exchange Group's '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain'. The business promotes a healthy work-life balance and provides a flexible and relaxed working environment for employees and as a result boasts a high staff retention rate.
Their new line of next generation products are modular, ARM based, use DSP techniques, and operate on tailored, embedded, operating systems to deliver high performance. You will be working on innovative projects which utilise RF and wired communications to interface with vehicles and deliver IoT capabilities which keep their products connected to the Cloud.
The Embedded Test Engineer role is to take leadership of an independent test team working with a range of products within the Automotive service industry. You will primarily be working with Embedded hand tools of various types and supporting applications, being part of a fast-moving, responsive development team and working to ensure and continually improve the quality of all products.
The Embedded Test Engineer will have the opportunity to take their existing test process and work to improve it, both independently and as part of the larger development process. This is an ideal role for someone with the drive and curiosity to learn about their industry and work with a highly-skilled group of people to keep pushing Product Development forward.
Knowledge/Experience Required :
- Experience of software testing methodologies and techniques
- Experience leading a small, independent test team
- Experience working with embedded hardware, electronics
- Some knowledge/familiarity of coding in C# and Python would be beneficial
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to a responsive development environment.
- Day to day leadership and management of an independent test team
- Testing of embedded tool software, desktop applications and SOAP API's
- Mentoring and training team members
- Supporting team members and the technical support team
- Improving the testing process
- Working with the other development teams to improve the quality of the products and strengthen the development processes.
The company develops their own products totally in-house which means there’s great opportunities to work on a broad range of interesting technologies throughout the whole life cycle of product development. Individuals are encouraged to invent and are given the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment. The company treats employees as individuals, has a great relaxed culture with flexible working, a commitment to continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.