Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Development Engineer - Near Sunderland
This innovative R&D organisation which develops Solutions for Off-Road Electric Vehicles, Battery Management, Motor Control and Vehicle Instrumentation are seeking an experienced Hardware Design Engineer / Electronics Development Engineer for their small team in the North East.
If you enjoy working with a great team of Engineers who Design products that enhance the drive-ability of electric vehicles, this could be for you !
The Hardware Development Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer will provide engineering product development enhancement and will independently design, prototype, test, troubleshoot electronic assemblies, components and circuits. You will be responsible for defining methods for assembly and test of electronic components and assemblies.
As a Hardware Development Engineer / Electronics Design Engineer you should have the following skills, experience :
• Degree or equivalent, 3+ years’ experience in an electronics development role, with experience in power electronics development and motor controllers
• Experience in analog or digital design of embedded controls and/or experience with switching, power electronic design, DC-DC Converters, Static Power Converters, Magnetic Design
• Knowledge of thermal management and product life expectancy
• Knowledge of ESD principles and practices, PCB layout and schematic capture tools, circuit analysis, simulation and design of experiments
• Knowledge of good engineering practices.
In addition, your responsibilities will include :
• Design and debug power electronic circuits, components and PCB assemblies for new product development and sustaining projects
• Design, setup and run tests to ensure the design meets specifications
• Apply current techniques and tools to improve cost, design time, reliability, durability, and manufacturability
• Troubleshoot circuits from prototypes, development, and customer returns
• Participate in electrical schematic, board layout and project reviews
A very interesting technically challenging opportunity gaining exposure to the latest techniques spearheading the green agenda in new product development. Flexible working with a commitment to Personal Development.