Lead Systems Engineer / Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer - Near Durham
Commutable from Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
Systems Engineer, Embedded Firmware, Embedded Systems, Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, Model-Based Design (MBD), Simulink, MathWorks, Matlab, CAN, SIL, MISRA C
This leading highly innovative successful Engineering organisation are seeking an experienced Lead Systems Engineer / Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer / Embedded Systems Engineer to lead the Design & Development of Embedded Firmware Products for Measurement, Instrumentation and Medical Devices. You will take ownership of New Product Development in Firmware for Medical Devices and be responsible for the establishment of Model-Based Design (MBD) methods in R&D.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED for the Lead Embedded Systems Engineer / Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer include :
* Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science-related discipline
* Experience of Model-Based Design (MBD) approaches and tools, particularly the MathWorks / Simulink toolchain, Matlab
* Experience of Embedded Firmware Development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
* Experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
* Experience of technical team management and leadership
* Experience of supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle
* Knowledge of industrial communications protocols e.g. CAN
Desirable skills include :
* Knowledge and experience of embedded products in the Instrumentation, Control or Measurement Sector
* Knowledge of the design of functional safety compliant software and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
* Experience of software development to MISRA C or equivalent coding standards and guidelines.
The Lead Embedded Systems Engineer will provide :
* Technical ownership of embedded software for all embedded products, through development and validation of electronic systems in NPD/NPI projects.
* Provide leadership in the ongoing introduction of Model-Based Design (MBD) methods using MathWorks/Simulink toolchain, Matlab.
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines, especially electronic hardware, to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions.
* Support Product Management in Requirements Capture and Customer Engagement.
* Support for system integration during development and deliver production ready solutions.
This is an excellent Technically challenging opportunity, offering much variety, freedom, control and leadership developing advanced product devices in a small friendly R&D Dept.