Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer x2 - Stockport / Hybrid
This leading Business Critical Software company are recruiting for a Linux Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist with Enterprise Linux experience to join their Infrastructure Managed Services team of 6. You will be responsible for the Managed Services customer base, as well as installing and configuring new systems for new customers.
The Linux Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist will have worked in a mixed Operating System environment and will have previously been involved in the full lifecycle of infrastructure deployment projects, including architecture sizing through to deployment and on-going support. You will also be comfortable with maintaining and supporting Virtualisation technologies, and will ideally have worked in a geographically dispersed environment that incorporates public and private Cloud technologies.
As a Linux Engineer, early DevOps, you will be working in a small professional niche team developing greenfield solutions for customers that are powering the future of commerce. This includes Logistics Automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
You will have worked as a Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer / DevOPS Engineer and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Linux.
The Key Skills for the Infrastructure Specialist / Linux Engineer include :
• Terraform, AWS, or Azure, GCP
• Containerisation technologies such as Kubernetes
• Grafana and or Prometheus
• Configuration automation with Ansible
• Linux preferably Redhat / Centos
Typically the Systems Administrator / Infrastructure Specialist are responsible for :
• Involvement in the design, tender, procurement and delivery phases of new projects
• Involvement in the installation/configuration of infrastructure for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments
• The ability to oversee the performance of the infrastructure across the infrastructure managed services customer base and internally for in-house services
• The ability to Monitor the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the customers service
• The ability to review performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour
• Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded
• Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime
• Proactively and reactively applying vulnerability patches to managed sites.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a driven System Administrator to join an ambitious software solution provider. This opportunity offers a fast-paced environment providing high availability infrastructure. The company are committed to Training and Personal Career Development. Excellent opportunities in an innovative, growing, buoyant and stable sector. Career progression can be rapid, based on talent and commitment.