Network Software Engineer – Python x2 - Edinburgh / Reading / WFH
This highly successful global organisation driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation are seeking a number of Network Software Engineers with key skills in Python, Networking and Cloud technology.
The Network Software Engineer / Python Developer will work on products and tools, developing a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive whether picking up the phone, streaming video, texting etc – your interactions are being enabled by these technologies.
We are seeking Network Software Engineers / Python Developers to join an engineering team and help drive the development in order to support their customers in developing and deploying their virtualized networks.
The Responsibilities of the Network Software Engineer include :
• Develop container based microservices written in Python, delivered on Kubernetes
• Find, evaluate and use available (open source) libraries and tooling as necessary
• Deploy software to cloud environments and interact with cloud managed services
• Participate in all stages of software development: requirements analysis, architecture and high-level design, implementation and testing
• Troubleshoot software issues, provide customer and verification support
• Design and develop unit tests and test-automation suites
• Influence and/or define the software architecture, improve resiliency, debugability and maintainability.
The Key Competencies & Skills of the Network Software Engineer should ideally have :
• An ability to write quality Python code with automated unit tests
• Experience developing distributed systems and microservices
• An understanding of Linux container based software development
• Experience with L2/L3 networking technologies
• Experience in troubleshooting large-scale deployments.
It would be a bonus if the Network Software Engineer has some exposure to the following but it's NOT essential :
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud Platforms
• Experience working with and contributing to Open Source software
• Experience with technologies like Kafka, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
• Experience in manageability frameworks such as Yang/NETCONF
• Experience using the Atlassian tool suite, Git, Jenkins.
We can offer you an unparalleled opportunity to gain in-depth networking knowledge, working alongside a diverse and industry leading team of engineers, building components to support customer network services and network infrastructure. As a new hire, you will have an assigned Mentor and access to excellent opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and experience and progress forward within the team.