Network Test Automation Engineer x2 Edinburgh / Reading / WFH
This highly successful global organisation driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation are seeking a number of Automation Engineers with key skills in Python and Networking - some form of networking experience, whether developing, testing, installing or supporting. In Automation they use Python but C, Java, Bash Script accepted, if you are willing to learn Python.
The Automation Engineer / Test Automation Engineer will work on products for access and aggregation tiers of the network, developing a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive whether picking up the phone, streaming video, texting etc – your interactions are being enabled by these technologies.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will be the lead in a technical area, helping to shape the testing that is done, whilst also handling your own feature work. Test Automation is key and you will automate all tests in python to allow continual automated regression tests of images. You will take ownership of aspects of the automation and lead and mentor more junior engineers in creating their automation.
- Lead the testing for features in specific areas for new networking product work
- Guide and shape the evolution of the test automation infrastructure
- Define test plans and execute test cases for features assigned to you, including creation of regression automation
- Share in maintaining core test automation with the team
- Create and own specific area of customer use-case testing, customer-reported defects to clarify problem definitions.
Key Competencies / Knowledge for the Automation Engineer include :
- object-oriented python and / or pytest experience
- knowledge and demonstrated usage of Linux OS
- demonstrate an understanding of computer hardware architecture and operating system architecture
- experience of ip networks, routing protocols and services
- knowledge and operational use of virtualisation would be a positive
- knowledge of Atlassian toolset, jenkins, git, Robot framework would also be good.
Experience for the Automation Engineer includes :
- industry experience including networking and software development
- network hardware setup and triage
- experience of cloud networks and / or network virtualization
- Open Source project contribution
- You must be currently based in the UK and hold a valid permanent work permit for the country.
We can offer you an unparalleled opportunity to gain in-depth networking knowledge, working alongside a diverse and industry leading team of network engineers, building components to support customer network services and network infrastructure, including bring-ups on new emerging prototype hardware. As a new hire, you will have an assigned Mentor and access to excellent opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and experience and progress forward within the team.