React Developer x2 - WFH / Salford
This young highly innovative organisation for the Security and Defence Markets are seeking an experienced React Developer x2 due to expansion. The React Developer will be working on web based applications for configuring and accessing best-in-class video analytics, digital surveillance and security technologies.
The React Developer will work as part of a highly capable team that are scaling-up their product focused delivery to exciting global Channel partners. You will work with experts in AI, Machine Learning, IoT, Edge Computing, and Cloud (AWS), which provides great opportunities for growth and exposure to new tech within the organisation.
The Responsibilities for the React Developer include :
• Working both individually and within wider teams on web applications for a variety of different target users with complicated needs.
• Initially you will be involved in migrating AngularJS components to React as well as building new components for new product offering.
• Write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles and team standards.
• Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces.
• Take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle.
The key requirements for these React Developer roles include :
• Degree qualified or have a background in a Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline with commercial experience
• Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged
• Experience of working with package managers, and automating builds (e.g. Webpack/Node/NPM/Gulp )
• Commercial experience of front-end development using React
• Passion for optimising performance (e.g. Code weight/Run speed/Perception )
• Knowledge of cross-platform/browser concerns and responsive web app design
• A good eye for design, layout and usability
• Style book development experience.
Preferred Requirements for the React Developers include :
• Understanding of video streaming (e.g. VideoJS)
• Experience of one or more charting/graphing frameworks
• Experience using testing frameworks (e.g. Jest)
• An understanding of version control systems and CI/CD processes
• SVG & Canvas.
Excellent Stable Development opportunities to work with Governments, Multinational Corporations and System Integrators around the world on their most complex and critical surveillance challenges across the defence, law enforcement, critical infrastructure, transport and natural resources sectors. The company is committed to continuous Training and Personal Development.