Senior Design Engineer / Test Engineer (Electronics) - South Manchester
Electronic Design, Hardware Design, Firmware, PCB Design, CadStar, Embedded Microcontrollers, EMC, IoT.
Commutable from Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Cheshire.
This award winning organisation are looking for an experienced Senior Electronics Design Engineer / Firmware Engineer / Hardware Engineer with good Testing knowledge, to work on exciting and challenging projects to design a range of Environmental, Building Control and Smart Home Automation Products. These combine state of the art software, electronic hardware and firmware.
The products cover a wide range of Sensors that can be Wired, Wireless or Networked with Network Management Routers/Controllers. The company is constantly developing new products to stay at the forefront of the industry using the latest technologies with the objective to increase product functionality, increase the user experience and create a wider range of Networkable and Wireless Automation Products for Control and IoT.
This is a hybrid position with responsibility of providing Product Design Standards for internal staff and subcontractors, creating Test Methodologies on new products, supervising the product test department and ensuring a smooth handover transition into production.
The Electronic Hardware Design Engineer / Test Engineer should have previous experience in a supervisor role of Product Development/Testing and meet the following selection criteria :
- Degree Qualifications in related Electronics subjects
- Electronics Design for Embedded Microcontroller and Microprocessor Control Systems
- Minimum 5 years in all round Product Design involving Circuit Design, Multi-Layer PCB Layout using SMT and Microprocessor Components
- Experience of Full Life Cycle Product Development
- Knowledge of EMC Design Standards EU and UL directives
- Experience in Product Test Processes for Hardware and operational software in finished
- Experience in the compilation of technical design and test documentation.
Excellent, technically challenging, and interesting development projects allied to the Internet of Things (IoT). Working in a dynamic, small friendly expert team, offering much variety in a professional, quality environment.