Senior Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Design Engineer x2 - Near Durham
Electronics Design, Hardware Design, Analogue Design, Analogue Electronics, Low Noise, Low Power, PCB Design, CADStar, EMC, Embedded Systems.
Commutable from Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
This leading well established Engineering & Instrumentation Group are looking for an experienced Senior Electronics Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer to lead the design and development of electronic equipment that require embedded solutions and develop best practice Design methods.
As an Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer you will be involved in the design of new, next generation advanced portable devices, designing products for Control, Measurement, Instrumentation for Medical and Safety critical applications.
The Key skills for the Senior Electronic Design Engineer / Hardware Engineer include :
• Experience of electrical and electronics product development in a relevant industry (Instrumentation or similar)
• Demonstrable technical team management and leadership
• Experience of modern ECAD tools including simulation of circuitry
• Knowledge of the design of High Voltage Circuits and Power Electronics
• Hardware design for high precision and low noise analogue circuits
• Designing for low power consumption and for small space volumes
• Understanding of safety critical design
• Knowledge of best practice approaches for design in accordance with global EMC standards
• Knowledge of quality and design standards (e.g., IEC 61010).
Desirable skills are :
• Knowledge and experience of embedded products in the Electrical Test, Measurement and Instrumentation sector
• Experience of Model-Based Design (MBD) approaches and tools, particularly the Mathworks/Simulink toolchain.
The Responsibilities for the Senior Electronics Design Engineer include :
• Technical ownership of electronics design within the department
• Technically mentor and develop electronics team
• The development and validation of electrical and electronic systems
• Collaborate with internal engineering disciplines, especially firmware, to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
• Support Project Management in progress reporting, and delivery to time, quality and cost
• Support Product Management in Requirements Capture and Customer Engagement
• Support for system integration during development and deliver production ready solutions
• Provide input into new feature development.
Excellent Technically challenging, varied, Development opportunities in a stable and highly innovative organisation. Working in R&D, you will contribute to developing ground breaking Electronic Products in a very friendly work environment. The company has a great culture with a commitment to training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.