Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer - Near Durham
Commutable from Sunderland, Durham, Washington, Gateshead, Hartlepool.
Embedded Firmware, Embedded Systems, Embedded C, Embedded Software, C/C++, CAN, Model-Based Design (MBD), Simulink, MathWorks, Matlab, SIL, MISRA C
This leading highly innovative successful Engineering organisation are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer / Embedded Systems Engineer to lead the Design & Development of Embedded Firmware Products for Measurement, Instrumentation and Medical devices. You would be responsible for the establishment of Model-Based Design (MBD) methods in R&D.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED for the Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer / Embedded Systems Engineer include :
* Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science-related discipline
* Significant experience of embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
* Significant experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
* Experience of technical team management and leadership
* Experience of Model-Based Design (MBD) approaches and tools, particularly the MathWorks / Simulink toolchain, Matlab
* Experience of supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle
* Knowledge of industrial communications protocols e.g. CAN
Desirable skills include :
* Knowledge and experience of embedded products in the Instrumentation, Control or Measurement Sector
* Knowledge of the design of functional safety compliant software and Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
* Experience of software development to MISRA C or equivalent coding standards and guidelines.
The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will provide :
* Technical ownership of embedded software for all embedded products, through development and validation of electronic systems in NPD/NPI projects.
* Provide leadership in the ongoing introduction of MBD methods using MathWorks/Simulink toolchain, Matlab.
* Work closely with other engineering disciplines, especially electronic hardware, to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions.
* Support Project Management in progress reporting, and delivery to time, quality and cost.
* Support Product Management in Requirements Capture and Customer Engagement.
* Support for system integration during development and deliver production ready solutions.
This is an excellent Technically challenging opportunity, offering much variety, freedom, control and leadership in developing advanced product devices.