Senior Embedded Linux Engineer x2 - WFH, Remote / Sunderland
This innovative R&D organisation which develops Green and Ethical Solutions for the Control and Instrumentation markets are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Linux Engineer x2 due to major expansion.
The Embedded Linux Engineers will work on leading edge Touch Screen and Display Systems working closely with their USA team. The company have recently gone through rapid growth and you will be joining a company who have multiple products in various markets. The opportunity allows for Hybrid Working, Remote, WFH, and flexible working to accommodate your needs.
The Senior Embedded Linux Engineer will be responsible throughout the full product lifecycle including the architecture, design, development and installing Embedded Software Solutions in Linux. You will also be interfacing with the hardware design and development, requirements definition, testing and documentation of software systems.
Core Skills for these roles include :
• C Programming
• C++ Programming
• Embedded Linux Platforms
• Scripting Languages - Python, Bash
Desirable Skills include :
• IoT, WiFi, BLE, I2C, SPI, PCIe, Ethernet
• Modern C++ V17 Onwards.
There are a number of Projects to work on and part of the responsibilities include :
• Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components in the Software stack
• Develop and maintain embedded Linux systems including kernel, U-boot, and device drivers and API
• Work with Yocto, board bring up for ARM based platforms, hardware/software integration, build cross-compiler toolchain, static code analysis tools, maintain build servers
• Integrate / develop applications using Qt
• Automate tasks with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
• Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes and in-circuit debuggers in the software development process
• Work with GIT and SVN
• Develop solutions with IoT, WiFi, BLE, I2C, SPI, PCIe, Ethernet
• Debug and support existing software applications.
These are very interesting and technically challenging opportunities gaining exposure to the latest techniques spearheading the green agenda in new product development. Flexible working with a commitment to Personal Development.