Senior Embedded Software Engineer C/C++ - Near Durham / Hybrid
This established global market leader are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Embedded C Developer, to design and develop new embedded firmware products for Measurement, Instrumentation and Medical devices in a small growing R&D team.
The Ideal Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer include :
· Experience in a market leading product development environment using Embedded C, C/C++.
· Experience in continual improvement of process and working to ensure best practice in lean, agile software development is followed.
· Support the Embedded Software Team Lead to plan projects and develop junior members of staff.
· Ability to self-manage as part of a team, and have strong organisational skills.
· Flexibility and able to adapt to change.
The Ideal Required Technical Experience for the Senior Embedded Software Engineer includes :
· Embedded Linux, Yocto or similar
· GUI Development Experience: Qt 4/5 , Crank, Embedded Wizard or similar.
It would be a bonus if you have any of the Desirable Technical Knowledge :
· C++, C/C++
· Knowledge of multiple processor architectures: Texas Instruments, Microchip, Xilinx etc.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer Responsibilities include :
· Developing new products and technology, and also supporting current products.
· Mentoring early career engineers to help develop their career roadmaps and increase their skillset and experience.
· Managing work load to ensure delivery to defined time, cost and quality objectives.
· Supporting customers who might benefit from company products or services and maximising customer potential.
· Planning projects, tasks and developing long-term relationships with key suppliers and consultants.
This is an excellent varied and challenging role offering interesting projects to work on, allied to Mobile and Cloud devices. They’ve a flatter structure which creates opportunities for you to progress rapidly, support your personal growth for you to have a wider understanding and therefore impact on the business.