Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Edinburgh / WFH
Senior Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, Firmware, C Linux, C/C++, Embedded Software, Networking, TCP/IP, Ethernet.
This Innovative Leader in Mission-Critical Embedded Software Applications for the Industrial and Aerospace markets are seeking a Senior Software Engineer / Lead Software Engineer / Senior Embedded Software Engineer due to company growth.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer you will have Product Development, Software Applications experience in an Embedded Software environment using C, Linux, Networking Communication Protocols, C/C++.
The Senior/Lead Software Engineer will work in a team of 12 offering the security of belonging to a stable profitable large group but also offering the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a small friendly independent team free from interference.
We require a flexible and knowledgeable Senior Software Engineer experienced in successful delivery of software products. This is a varied, hands-on role, providing the opportunity to work on all parts of the architecture stretching from the bootloader through to the Linux kernel, filesystem and switch control applications including network protocols and the user interface. A background in Networking and Protocol Development is desirable.
The Qualifications / Requirements for the Senior / Lead Software Engineer include:
• Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related subject
• Experience in working through the full software development lifecycle
• An excellent understanding of C and GNN/Linux development environment
• Experience in configuration management practices and tools
• Development experience in networking protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc)
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• An understanding of scripting languages including Python, Bash and TCL
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Test - frameworks such as Jenkins
• Displays curiosity and ability to analyse and drive improvements to processes and workflows.
Excellent, technically challenging Development opportunities in Network Communications, Graphics & Video, amongst other applications, where owing to the structure of the Dept you can have real input to make a difference to developing ground-breaking Products. There's a commitment to personal Development and Training with Flexible Working.