Senior Embedded Software Engineer - WFH / Remote / Leeds
Embedded Software, Embedded C, Nordic Semiconductor (nRF52), Bluetooth Low Energy, Nordic BLE, IoT, C/C++, MATLAB, R.
This small innovative company in the Medical, Digital Health and Sports Tech arena are seeking an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer to drive Product Development forward. You will design and develop the embedded software to run across their bespoke EEG wearable hardware for a sports product on the brink of entering the consumer electronics market.
The Embedded Software Engineer will define and improve the existing core software to power the hardware, process algorithmic data derived from a variety of sensors, along with the wireless communications and integration with other devices. You would also create a software release plan and support ongoing maintenance and updates of the products, working closely with the hardware and application team to craft the overall consumer experience.
The ideal skills and experience for the Embedded Development Engineer include :
• Proven working experience as a lead embedded software engineer with C and some C++ skills
• Solid experience in the development of embedded software for Nordic Semiconductor (nRF52) platforms
• Excellent knowledge of sensor data acquisition and signal processing, ideally for biometric sensors
• Excellent knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy protocols, BLE, and standards
• Ability to engage with, adapt and further develop existing code bases and architectures
• Experience with the use of data analysis tools (e.g. MATLAB, R) for algorithm development
• Experience of cross-device interactivity, such as with host machines or mobile applications.
Some of the Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer include :
• Lead the small software engineering team to develop and deliver a complete system
• Develop, code, test and debug system software for sensor related real-time algorithmic processing along with OTA data communications
• Liaise with hardware engineering team to improve and optimise system’s form and function
• Liaise with Research Team to scope and implement data processing algorithms to specification
• Liaise with Application development team to scope and implement cross-device interactivity
• Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Support software QA and optimise I/O performance
• Provide post production support.
This is a varied, unrivalled, technically challenging opportunity to revolutionise wearable tech for consumer and commercial applications. There is the freedom, control and flexibility to take ownership of product development.