Senior Software Project Manager - Stockport / Hybrid
Software Project Manager, Software Delivery Manager, Software Manager, Consultancy, Pre-Sales, WMS, Automation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Software Integration, eCommerce.
This leading Enterprise Software Logistics Automation company that designs and builds intelligent, automated solutions for Warehouse, Distribution and Manufacturing environments are seeking an experienced Senior Software Project Manager / Software Delivery Manager. These are for customers that are powering the future of commerce. The company continues to expand.
The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for successful delivery including Budget, Quality, People of one or a few customer projects based on Enterprise software.
This is a lean organisation, relatively flat structured, where you can quickly make a difference, with much control and total project ownership for end to end software delivery. Good performance is well rewarded with a generous incentive scheme to recognise achievement.
The Software Project Manager should ideally come from a technical software development background and preferably have the following attributes/experience/skills :
- proven experience as a Software Development Project Manager
- experience as a Project Manager working for a Software Supplier, Software Vendor or Software House delivering software to external customers
- experience or understanding of Logistics, Supply Chain, Automation, Warehouse Management Systems, Carrier Management or eCommerce
- customer-facing experience as a Project Manager delivering software to external clients
- experience managing Developers, Software Engineers using best practice PM tools
- track record of successful delivery of complex, large scale, IT-led real time projects including software integration or automation
- experience with waterfall and agile (Kanban) delivery models
- experience with Jira as project management tool
- International work experience
- an ability to manage both internal technical resource but also set expectations with end customers as to scope of delivery and timescales
- self-sufficiency, a pro-active attitude, flexibility to take responsibility to solve customer problems
- willingness to travel and have full clean driving licence.
Project Managers must be very comfortable in a Customer facing capacity and have excellent Technical, Commercial, Customer Relationship Management, Consultancy skills, wearing many hats to deliver complex software development solutions. You will need a strong personality but diplomatic with excellent leadership, charisma and people management skills.
The Company is well established, secure, stable and very successful. They can offer much variety, freedom and flexibility, no red tape/bureaucracy hampered by layers of management, early responsibility, project ownership, diverse fascinating projects, working with a wide variety of prestigious customers. Career progression can be rapid owing to their structure and culture.