Software Developer C# - Barnsley / Hybrid WFH
Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leeds.
This award winning and highly successful medium-sized company who design and manufacture innovative RF, Networking and Image Processing diagnostic equipment for the Automotive Industry are seeking a C# Software Developer / Software Engineer C#.NET
As a C# Developer / .Net Developer you will ideally have 1+ years of post-graduate experience. However, Training and Support will be provided. This is hybrid working with 2 days in the office and 3 from home.
The software development team is part of a multi-disciplined R&D team that comprises of hardware, embedded systems, mechanical engineers and a dedicated test team. You will be working on a critical line of business applications and systems and the full stack development of their expanding line of modern, mobile products.
Development will take place over the full life cycle of the products. In all areas, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced developers, utilising current and relevant technologies and work with industry standard development tools, and utilise top class industry development techniques and practices.
This is an excellent role for someone who wants to further develop their career as a C#.NET Software Developer in R&D.
The company is a market leader with a customer base that includes all major vehicle manufacturers and with offices in Europe, US and China. Amongst the company’s achievements, it has been privileged enough to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise and has been named as one of the London Stock Exchange Group's '1000 Companies to Inspire Britain'.
Required skills and experience for the C# Software Developer / C#.NET Developer should ideally include:
• Degree or higher qualification in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related discipline
• Commercial experience of C# .NET, and SQL Server
• Experience of Xamarin or .NET Maui
• Knowledge of good software design principles and the development lifecycle
• Able to produce good quality documentation.
It would be a bonus if the C# Developer has any knowledge of the following:
• Commercial experience of delivering mobile applications including use of responsive/adaptive design
• Application development with C++ and Qt
• Embedded Linux experience.
Key responsibilities of the C# Developer include:
• Software requirements analysis and requirements management
• Design and coding of software
• Software test planning and execution
• Conducting all aspects of the software development process in accordance with company processes and standards.
The company develops their own products totally in-house which means there’s great opportunities to work on a broad range of interesting technologies throughout the whole life cycle of product development. They are an inclusive organisation, committed to deliver equality and diversity in all their employment practises and boast a high staff retention rate.
The health and well-being of their employees is paramount, and their employee’s views are valued and respected. They have a committed Corporate Social Responsibility programme that extends to supporting local charities including Mencap and Barnsley Churches Drop-In Project. The company treats employees as individuals, has a great relaxed culture with flexible working, and a commitment to continuous training & development.