Software Engineer C++ C/C++ ( Edinburgh or Aberdeen ) / Hybrid
C++, C/C++, Visual Studio, CMake, Linux, Serial Comms, Ethernet, UDP, GUI, Qt, OpenGL, SDK, Agile.
This award winning organisation which specialises in the Development of high performance Sensors for the Underwater Markets are seeking an experienced C++ Software Engineer, C/C++ Software Developer to drive new product development forward. The position can be based in Edinburgh or Aberdeen with hybrid working, WFH.
The successful candidate C++ Software Engineer will be part of a small multi-disciplined team of software engineers, firmware and electronics engineers, developing new and existing software packages for control/display and software architecture for a range of Sensors including sonar, imaging, 3D visualisation and positioning/survey devices. Projects include integrating nautical charts over sonar, navigation charting and developing Algorithm techniques for speed over ground.
Candidates will ideally hold a Degree (2.1 or better) in Computer Science, will have a good aptitude in Maths with a background in software application development.
The Key Skills for the C/C++ Software Engineer include :
• C++ - 5 years+
• Cross Platform development ( Windows & Linux )
• Proficient in CMake or similar build tool
• Experience in interfacing to Hardware (e.g. Serial, Ethernet based)
• Experience in Full Software Development Life Cycle (i.e. specification, design, implementation, testing, maintenance).
The Complementary Skills (desirable) for the C/C++ Software Engineer include :
• Ability to create libraries and Software Development Kits for Linux distributions
• Architectural design experience
• GUI ( Graphical User Interfaces ) development experience
• Visual Studio
• Proficient in designing Windows Applications
• Agile or Planned methodologies understanding
• Version control (i.e. Subversion) understanding
• Continuous Integration knowledge
• OpenGL, Qt, or Unit Testing familiarity.
Excellent, Technically challenging and very interesting development career opportunities in a stable, expanding and highly successful organisation. You will be given the freedom and flexibility to develop products in a very friendly, informal work environment. The company culture is very professional with a commitment to Quality, continuous training & development, supported by excellent staff retention.