Software Engineer ( Python ) - Manchester OR Homeworking, WFH.
Python, Linux, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Jinja2, Celery, Swagger, Git, SQL, PostgreSQL, C/C++, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible.
This young highly innovative organisation for the Security and Defence Markets are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with Python, Open Source skills. The Python Developer / Python Software Engineer will join a growing software team responsible for the development of their exciting range of video analytics products.
The Python Developer / Software Engineer will work on the development of their edge, server and cloud-based solutions. For this, you will work closely with the algorithm and integration teams to develop new features for these products.
They are growing quickly as a business and it is expected that as you grow into the role you will become exposed to all parts of the software development life-cycle from the initial user requirements capture to the design, implementation and validation of new products.
Our client are supremely proud of their customers and being able to assist and contribute to that success through their services/solutions, working across a number of the main growth-sectors of the current times including transport technology, law enforcement, environmental and green energy projects.
Essential Requirements for the Software Engineer include :
• Excellent programming skills in Python
• Writing backend code, writing RESTful APIs
• Experience in modern Python frameworks and libraries - Flask, SQLAlchemy, Jinja2, Celery, Swagger
• Development experience under Linux - Versioning tools, preferably git
• SQL Databases: PostgreSQL preferred
• Familiarity with software development methodology, preferably agile
• At least three years of commercial experience.
Preferred Requirements :
• Background in and experience in developing with C/C++
• Knowledge of image processing and OpenCV
• DevOps experience, e.g. Docker/Kuberbnetes/Ansible
• Good networking knowledge; configuration and security
• Scripting technologies: Bash.
Excellent Stable Development opportunities to work with Governments, Multinational Corporations and System Integrators around the world on their most complex and critical
surveillance challenges across the defence, law enforcement, critical infrastructure, transport and natural resources sectors.