Software Project Manager x2 - Stockport
- Job Reference: 00265
- Date Posted: 2 January 2020
- Recruiter: Saxon Recruitment
- Location: Stockport, Manchester
- Salary: £45,000 to £70,000
- Sector: All Jobs
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Steve Saxon
- Email: email@example.com
Software Project Manager x2 - Stockport.
Software Project Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Software Manager, Software Development Manager, Consultancy, Pre-Sales, WMS, Automation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Software Integration, ERP, Agile, SCRUM.
This leading Enterprise Software organisation are looking for an experienced Software Project Manager x2 to drive Development Project delivery forward. As a Project Manager you must be someone who has managed projects as a Software Supplier, who has delivered software projects to external customers. You will have experience or an understanding of Warehousing, Warehouse Management Systems, Supply Chain or Automation.
We are looking for Project Managers (up to 2) to deal with the management of customers involved in major distribution projects allied to Warehousing and Automation. You will manage software development teams to produce software to an agreed quality and timescale using development disciplines and practices. We are looking for outward facing individuals, ( ie ones who cannot only manage teams internally but more importantly can manage customer expectations ) and who can handle tight deadlines. Project Manager's need, in particular, to be good with external customers and are able to take commercial responsibility. You must be very comfortable in a Customer facing capacity and have excellent Customer Relationship Management, Account Management or Consultancy skills.
You will be an experienced Project Manager from a Software Development background with strong "man management" skills. You will need a strong personality but diplomatic with excellent leadership, charisma and people management skills. You will have an understanding of, or software exposure to, Carrier Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, eCommerce, Retail or ERP systems. It will be a bonus if you have had experience of software integration projects and Automation.
The Project Manager will have excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and good interpersonal skills from the warehouse floor to Boardroom. You will be able to handle multiple competing tasks both for own resource, and for team resources, be commercially minded with awareness of acting in the role of a sub-contractor. Customer negotiation skills are important as is the ability to motivate others to achieve goals especially when they are actually employees of another business.
The Software Project Manager objectives are as follows :
• Manage to a successful conclusion all software project delivery within the business unit
• Ensure the functionality and the quality of the software is to an agreed standard
• Ensure the software meets the customer’s operational usability.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Be responsible for setting and managing work objectives for the software engineering team.
• Take responsibility for delivery to agreed quality and timescales of the teams’ assigned deliveries (which commonly will be large or complex components (or more than one component at a time).
• Be able to take a whole task list and effectively plan a sprint, understanding timescales, priorities, and team competencies.
• Manage teams’ workloads, juggling conflicting priorities.
Required attributes :
• Previous experience as a Software Project Manager and / or Software Team Leader
• Knowledge of Project Management techniques, Agile, Scrum and ideally software integration
• Good time management skills
• Analysis skills of operational and business needs
• Ability to understand technical issues
• Ability to analyse and solve problems creatively
• Ability to work to deadlines and budgets
• Self-sufficiency and pro-activeness
• Organization and planning
Full driving licence and a willingness for occasional travel within the UK and abroad.
The Company is well established, secure, stable and very successful. They can offer much freedom and flexibility, no red tape or bureaucracy hampered by layers of management, early responsibility, project ownership, diverse complex integration projects, working with a wide variety of customers. Career progression can be rapid.