Software Project Manager ( Software Development ) - Stockport
Software Project Manager, Software Engineering Manager, Software Manager, Software Development Manager, Consultancy, Pre-Sales, WMS, Automation, Logistics, Supply Chain, Software Integration, eCommerce.
This leading Enterprise Software organisation for the Logistics and Automation sector are seeking an experienced Software Project Manager due to continuing major expansion, to drive Software Development Project delivery forward. The company have won a lot of new business even in these unprecedented challenging times.
This is a lean organisation, relatively flat structured, where you can quickly make a difference, with much control and total project ownership for end to end software delivery. Good performance is well rewarded with a generous incentive scheme to recognise achievement.
The Software Project Manager should come from a technical software development background and ideally have the following attributes/experience/skills :
- proven experience as a Software Development Project Manager
- experience as a Project Manager working for a Software Supplier/Vendor/Software House
delivering software to external customers
- experience or understanding of Logistics, Supply Chain, Automation, Warehouse Management
Systems, Carrier Management or eCommerce
- customer-facing experience as a Project Manager delivering software to external clients
- experience managing Developers, Software Engineers using best practice PM tools
- track record of successful delivery of complex, large scale, IT-led real time projects
including software integration
- an ability to manage both internal technical resource but also set expectations with end
customers as to scope of delivery and timescales
- self-sufficiency, a pro-active attitude, flexibility to take responsibility to solve
- willingness to travel and have full clean driving licence.
Project Managers must be very comfortable in a Customer facing capacity and have excellent Technical, Commercial, Customer Relationship Management, Account Management, Consultancy skills, wearing many hats to deliver complex software solutions. You will need a strong personality but diplomatic with excellent leadership, charisma and people management skills.
The Company is well established, secure, stable and very successful. They can offer much variety, freedom and flexibility, no red tape/bureaucracy hampered by layers of management, early responsibility, project ownership, diverse interesting integration projects, working with a wide variety of prestigious customers. Career progression can be rapid owing to their structure and culture.