Software Test Engineer x2 - Derby
Software Test Engineer, Software Tester, ISTQB, ISEB, TFS, Manual Testing, Test Automation.
Commutable from Chesterfield, Nottingham, Stafford, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Leicester.
This award winning market leading innovator in Vision, Control & Display Systems are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer / Software Tester x2 to join an expanding Development Team in Derby. The client are moving from Manual Testing to Automation Testing so any experience with Software Test Automation is very useful.
The company was founded over 30 years ago, is stable, very successful and expanding, with a global customer base in diverse markets including Entertainment, Medical, Security, Energy and Retail. The organisation consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements.
Continuing this success, we are pleased to offer a great opportunity for talented, motivated and outgoing individuals to help maintain growth. The Software Tester will be a key member of the software development department testing new software solutions, provide the highest quality feature set expected by their worldwide customer base. These opportunities represent varied and interesting projects, building an entirely new product.
The Required Skills for the Software Test Engineer / Software Tester include :
• Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and tools
• At least 3 years’ experience of testing software in a commercial environment
• Experience of test case generation, test data design and test methodologies
• Excellent observation skills and high attention to detail
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Experience of working in Kanban and/or Scrum teams
• Fully open reporting on testing status to team leaders
• Ability to interpret and question backlogged work items and the requirements within
• Ability to produce clear and concise testing documentation.
The Desirable Skills for the Software Tester include :
• Experience of defect management tools such as Microsoft TFS
• ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing
• Writing efficient, reliable and maintainable automated tests and test frameworks
• Experience of testing Hardware/Software integrations
• Comfortable with working with PC style hardware systems
• Capability of writing sample apps (to exercise/test the delivered driver SDKs)
• Capability to create automated test scripts e.g. with Python, Power shell etc
• Experience of automated test tools e.g. Selenium, Ranorex etc
• Creation and execution of test suites in Microsoft Test Manager
• Experience of testing networked products
• Experience with Behaviour Driven Development and tools (e.g. Jasmine)
• Experience with Angular testing tools (e.g. Karma and Protractor)
• Experience of the Windows Hardware Lab Kit
• Experience of the WHQL process.
Excellent, challenging, Development Career opportunities where Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability. Working with a variety of interesting new technologies, you will develop complex, high end Vision and Display products in a very friendly, informal work environment with flexible working, supportive Management, backed up by excellent staff retention.